We’ve been conditioned so long to “know our message”, and what’s your “one thing?” that it’s unconsciously created a container where we think we need to cloak other aspects of self into something that might not fit.
We want to do this intentionally because when you do it well, you’ll have a clear, cohesive message that showcases ALL of who you are instead of putting yourself into a box.
Popular flavour profiles are complex .. and we WANT this in business.
By bringing all of you, you’re bringing your humanity and realness into your brand which allows you to:
- Connect more deeply
- Sell your programs + offerings with more ease.
- Repetition creates association: you become associated with that emotion or value.
THINK OF YOUR BUSINESS AS LAYER CAKE AS A SINGLE BASE FLAVOUR, BUT WITH DIFFERENT ICING AND DECORATIVE ITEMS THAT ADD PERSONALITY, BUT CREATE ONE UNITED FLAVOUR.
1. UNCOVERING YOUR CORE FLAVOUR: In one sentence, explain what you do and keep going deeper until you uncover the true benefit of what you do.
- What is that you do? Ie. coach who helps clients slay resistance and put themselves into the world so they can be visible.
- But what’s BENEATH that? Ie. Helps their clients to SPOT their own resistances and self-defeating judgements.
- Then go even deeper: ie. Facilitates a deep transformation where their clients come out of their shell and step into their fullest potential.
2. CHOOSING YOUR LAYERS: What are your passions & values? List them out! Then arrow down to 3 or 4 additional big passions you could incorporate.
- You want to list all your layers and STRATEGICALLY ADD THEM to your overall brand voice so your end result is cohesive.
- EXERCISE: What are your passions & values? – List them out! You’ll probably notice some overlap. Ie. experiencing other cultures + making meaningful connections.
- You’ll want to look at your entire list & merge the ones that have overlap so you’re left with 3 or 4 additional big passions you could incorporate.
3. ADDING YOUR LAYERS: Sharing stories related to your “layers” of passions and interests, but tying them all back to your base flavour.
- Look at your list of passions and values and list out related stories that have taught you a lesson.
- These layer stories ALL come back to your CORE FLAVOUR of what your business does or how you help people.
If you have any questions about standing out with your unique style … leave a comment below!