We’ve been conditioned so long to “know our message”, and what’s your “one thing?” that it’s unconsciously created a container where we think we need to cloak other aspects of self into something that might not fit.
There are the wrong ways to brand:
- Choosing a brand archetypes and fitting yourself in.
- Haphazardly posting about your interests and art projects that it confuses your audience.
We want to do this intentionally and strategically. When you do it well, you’ll have a clear, cohesive message that showcases ALL of who you are instead of limiting yourself.
Popular flavour profiles are complex .. and we WANT this in business.
By bringing all of you, you’re bringing your humanity and realness into your brand which allows you to:
- Connect more deeply
- Sell your programs + offerings with more ease.
- Repetition creates association: you become associated with that emotion or value.
THINK OF YOUR BUSINESS AS LAYER CAKE AS A SINGLE BASE FLAVOUR, BUT WITH DIFFERENT ICING AND DECORATIVE ITEMS THAT ADD PERSONALITY, BUT CREATE ONE UNITED FLAVOUR.
1. UNCOVERING YOUR CORE FLAVOUR: In one sentence, explain what you do and keep going deeper until you uncover the true benefit of what you do.
- What is that you do? Ie. coach who helps clients slay resistance and put themselves into the world so they can be visible.
- But what’s BENEATH that? Ie. Helps their clients to SPOT their own resistances and self-defeating judgements.
- Then go even deeper: ie. Facilitates a deep transformation where their clients come out of their shell and step into their fullest potential.
2. CHOOSING YOUR LAYERS: What are your passions & values? List them out! Then arrow down to 3 or 4 additional big passions you could incorporate.
- You want to list all your layers and STRATEGICALLY ADD THEM to your overall brand voice so your end result is cohesive.
- EXERCISE: What are your passions & values? – List them out! You’ll probably notice some overlap. Ie. experiencing other cultures + making meaningful connections.
- You’ll want to look at your entire list & merge the ones that have overlap so you’re left with 3 or 4 additional big passions you could incorporate.
3. ADDING YOUR LAYERS: Sharing stories related to your “layers” of passions and interests, but tying them all back to your base flavour.
- Look at your list of passions and values and list out related stories that have taught you a lesson.
- These layer stories ALL come back to your CORE FLAVOUR of what your business does or how you help people.
Led by intuition and driven by data, Emmy is a storyteller & strategist who helps visionary entrepreneurs reach more people and create a bigger positive impact, using the power of video.
During her two decade film career, she’s worked with brands like Paramount Pictures, MGM, Subaru, and Real Housewives and bring big-screen-worthy storytelling to small business. Her video strategies have landed her clients their first $24k weekend from a sold out course, to clients booking $800k in less than 2 weeks by focusing on engagement.
At the heart of her work is her love for storytelling: by sharing what we know, we educate, inspire, and create a kinder, more loving world.
Join the free Launch & Lead Challenge on Aug 31 – Sept 4 to up-level your camera confidence, grow your tribe & launch your program with the power of video.